Should I Replace My Roof?
Getting a new roof on your home can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not sure if that’s even the right solution for you. There are a couple of things you should look for when faced with that decision:
- Are the edges of your shingles curling?
- Are there any bald spots where granules should be or do you have cracks in your shingles?
- Is your roof 20 years old or older?
If these things sound familiar, call Roof Fix Houston and one of our qualified roofing professionals will come to your home to inspect your roof and give you advice that you can trust.
Causes and Signs of Damage
Storm damage is the most common cause of roof replacement, but age and neglect also play a role in damage to a roof. Signs that you need to replace your roof include:
- Curling or falling shingles
- Shingles that are losing their granules
- Frequent leaks in the attic
- Paint damage near the roof and water stains on interior walls and ceilings
- Sagging roof decking and rafters
If you are experiencing one or more of these problems, you likely need to replace your roof as soon as possible.
How Long Does It Take To Replace A Roof?
Typically, once the physical labor of a replacement has begun, the project will take between one to five days for a 1,000-2,000 square foot house. This includes removing and disposing of the old shingles, redoing the roof’s decking and underlayment and applying new flashing and drip edging.